Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The morning call to prayer

Well before dawn one morning, I awoke to hear the sound of a call to prayer. As I turned on the light on the radio to see what time it was, I felt for a split second as if I had awoken somewhere in Indonesia or the Middle East and not Catholic East Timor. Where was it coming from I wondered?

Upon waking I told Daniel about hearing it and he too had likewise heard the call. We guessed that it must have come from Dili’s Muslim mosque in Kampung Alor which borders Ai-tarak-laran. Living in different parts of a city gives one an opportunity to experience its diversity, no matter how small that diversity might be.

Category: Timor-Leste (East Timor)

Português/Portuguese Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

0 Comments:

Post a Comment