Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A hat free baby

I shared my journey this morning with another little baby and her mother. This one was a girl aged 9 months. Most notably, she wasn’t wearing the ubiquitous acrylic hat. I was so happy to see her attired appropriately including little baby shoes by Osh Kosh (obviously purchased from one of the hundreds of second hand clothes markets that abound in Timor, most of which are Australian worn hand me downs). During the trip as I made happy faces at the little one, I noticed the perspiration dripping from her forehead and thought how sad it was for all the other little babies whose heads are routinely covered that they too could not perspire without endangering their health.
Category: Timor-Leste (East Timor)

Português/Portuguese Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

0 Comments:

Post a Comment