Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Another colleague is pregnant

One of my colleagues is five months pregnant but I only just noticed!
She’s very tall and slender but last week I noticed she was forming a little tummy. Today I plucked up the courage to ask her, “Mana, isin rua, ka lae?” (Older sister, are you pregnant or not?) “Sin” (yes) she replied. This is her third child. She has two sons: the first was born in October 1999 (less than two months after the vote for independence and the mayhem that followed), and her second was born in November 2003. She has managed to space her children very well.

My colleague studied English in Melbourne and Puckapunyal (a country town in my home state) in preparation for the independence ballot as she had a job working on the vote. She now works assisting another colleague in one of the districts of Timor to support and advise women about their rights.
Category: Timor-Leste (East Timor)

Português/Portuguese Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

0 Comments:

Post a Comment